How to Pack a Suitcase - VIDEO
Best advice for packing is to roll your clothes. It saves the most space and strange enough reduces wrinkles in clothes. But there is so much more to getting the most into your bag.
Decide what you are going to bring and that is sometime the hardest part. 💡 TIP for work travel packing is kind of two fold 💡 Dresses are a complete look and separates allow you to mix and match. More on that another post time.
I roll it all with exception of bulky items like pants, thick or long dresses, sweaters and jackets. All else... ROLL AWAY.
HOW TO PACK LIKE A PRO VIDEO LOADED WITH TIPS
MUST HAVES FOR ANY GOOD PACKING SESSION
MUST HAVE PACKING ITEM 1️⃣:
Plastic bags for your shoes. Have you ever seen what you step in? YUCK it is so gross and if you happen to travel in rainy/snowy months you are sure to experience having to pack wet clothes or shoes. Wrapping shoes in plastic keeps your suitcase and close clean and less germy. Put all your smalls into shoes. Shoes have so much empty space in them, so filling that space will free up luggage room for other stuff. I pack undies, socks and rolled up sports bras in my shoes, then plastic bag each shoe. If you are not budget conscious like me using cloth shoe bags would work too.
MUST HAVE PACKING ITEM 2️⃣:
Storage bags. I am such a fan for it all. Perfume, makeup, face products, vitamins, all of it for sure will be it's own feature post.
Easy to follow steps to help you get your bag packed:
1) I start by stacking shoes at bottom of your bag
2) Whatever smalls don't fit in shoes I stick in spaces between shoe sole and heel.
3) Take all rolled clothes and fill spots on bottom of the suitcase in between my shoes. Exercise pants, t-shirts, blouses, shorts, whatever does not become a giant roll. I keep layering all rolled items and filling any vacant space in the bag.
4) Bras depending on padding I leave either flat so not to crush them or fold one cup into the other for any that only have wire and no padding.
5) Finish by layering folded slacks, dresses, jackets and bulky items on top.
6) In between rolled and folded clothes is a good place to put more fragile items or perfume bottles (sealed in storage bags).
7) Strap the clothes and bottom half is finished.
8) In top compartment of hard luggage I layer in all of my toiletries and anything I may need quick access to. Like and umbrella or sweater. Again wrapping umbrella in plastic bag, If I get rained on before coming home it won't make my luggage wet.
Simple and honestly the best method I have used. I have traveled with friends that don't use my rolling technique and they are always surprised by how much I brought in a normal carry on size bag.
Voila. Roll with then you can be awesome and sparkle with extra choices on your next trip.